Vice President, Customer Experience
What inspires me at Distech Controls is to participate in the company’s constant growth while being able to develop myself personally within it.
Mathieu has more than 20 years of experience in the field of building management. He worked as a systems integrator for about ten years and also held the positions of Project Manager, Product Manager, as well as EMEA Product Support Director, Global Product Manager before being named VP Customer Experience in April 2018. Now based again in Montreal, he also worked on the Distech Controls SAS team in Lyon, France from 2012 to 2017.
- Responsible for the technical support, training, and customer service departments to provide technical support, quality training and unparalleled customer service to our clients while helping them to be as efficient as possible.
- Responsible for the application team to enable the creation of innovative control and energy efficiency sequences for our range of programmable controllers.
- Establish and manage communication between departments and within departments as a representative of clients to provide feedback to relevant teams.
- Ensures that customers’ issues or ideas for improvement are sent back to Product Development and R&D Departments.
- Responsible for the Field Device product range
What year did you start at Distech Controls?
What and where did you study?
- DEC in Building Mechanics, CEGEP Saint-Hyacinthe, St-Hyacinthe, QC
What are a few highlights from your career thus far?
- Creating pre-loaded applications for the ECL/ECB-VAV series
- Occupation of several positions in the company (Project Manager, Product Manager, Test Team Leader, EMEA Product Support Director, Global
- Product Manager) before being named VP Customer Experience in April 2018 before being appointed Director Product Support
- Moving from Montreal to Lyon to participate in the development of the European market of Distech Controls from 2017 to 2017.
What does innovation mean to you?
Innovation is thinking differently in everything we do!
Where were you born?
In Montreal, Quebec (Canada).
Where is your favorite place to travel?
Corsica and French ski resorts