Production engineering director
Innovation at Distech Controls can be seen not only through the production of high-performance and quality products, but also through our constant desire to improve our processes and working methods.
- Responsible for establishing and harmonizing the manufacturing processes and controls deployed in Distech Controls' production sites in Canada and in France.
- Pierre have over 30 years of experience, accumulated in various high tech sectors (biomedical, telecoms, aeronautics, rail road transport, industrial and military equipment). Multidisciplinary, he has successfully managed teams in all phases of development, ranging from project management to installation at the customer's, without forgetting development, qualification and validation testing and support for production.
What year did you start at Distech Controls?
In June 2019.
What and where did you study?
- M.Sc.A. (Master's degree in Applied Sciences), biomedical engineering, Polytechnique Montréal, 1991
- B. Ing. (Bachelor's degree in engineering), electrical engineering, Université de Sherbrooke, 1987
What are a few highlights from your career thus far?
- Participation in the development of an acquisition system for cardiac arrhythmia surgery (1992);
- Introduction of the "Boundary-Scan" test method in production (2001);
- Commissioning of an automated test bench in New Jersey (2003);
- UL/CSA certification and FDA (510K) approval for a medical device (2005);
- Implementation of a product development process (2009);
- Management of the development of an aeronautical product according to the standard DO-178 (2016)
What does innovation mean to you?
For me, innovation is never being fully satisfied with our success because you can always push the limits of what is possible. So innovation is not a destination, but rather a way of thinking and acting.
Where were you born?
At Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, in Quebec (Canada).
Where is your favorite place to travel?
The Acadian Peninsula and the Breton coast
Quebec's Order of Engineers (OIQ)
Montréal Planetarium Astronomical Society